Call for Papers for 2019.
2019 Sponsorship Options
2019 Exhibit Hall Invitation
DHS Award Criteria
2019 Conference Brochure
Early Bird Pricing Applies Until February 28, 2017.
Syllabus Advertising for 2017
Advertising space is available for the conference syllabus containing lecture outlines and material provided by the conference speakers. The syllabus is produced as a large soft-cover book and on a Flash Drive. All conference registrants receive a link, and they can also choose to purchase the soft-cover print version (7 3/4″ x 10 3/4″) or the Flash Drive version.
Our conference offers ads at very reasonable rates, far lower than comparable conferences. We do this because we view your ad as a service to our attendees – a way for them to find the important services and products they need. We hope you will take advantage of this opportunity, but please do not delay. The deadline for payments and artwork is NOVEMBER 15, 2016.
Prices for ads are:
$500.00 for the back cover (color) – TAKEN
- $200.00 for inside the back cover (greyscale)
- $100.00 for a full page ad
- $55.00 for a half page ad
- $30.00 for a quarter page ad
- $25.00 for a business card size ad
For instructions to prepare your camera ready or PDF advertisement, details about payment, and questions, please contact Syllabus Advertising Chair Cheryl Willis Patten. Please include “NERGC Syllabus Ads” in the subject line.
Background on the Event
The biennial New England Regional Genealogical Conference is run by the New England Genealogical Consortium, Inc., a consortium of many genealogical societies. To date, NERGC has produced thirteen conferences in every state in New England. Attendance at each of the past five conferences has exceeded 700, with 720 attending the 2005 Portland conference, 745 in Hartford in 2007, 739 in Manchester in 2009, and 830 in Springfield in 2011. The 2013 conference had 874 attendees, speakers, and exhibitors on hand. The goal is to continue to increase these numbers as much as venue space allows. We believe that the continued increase in our conference attendance is in part due to our reasonable conference fees. What else makes NERGC so successful?
- After several years in existence, NERGC was incorporated in the State of Connecticut in 2006 as a non-profit educational organization. In 2009, the Internal Revenue Service determined that NERGC was exempt from Federal income tax under section 501 (c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and that contributions to NERGC are deductible under section 170 of the Code.
- Conference sites have been geographically spaced around New England. This has encouraged new participating societies and new delegates to NERGC’s Board and Delegates.
- The conference leadership tends to emerge from officers and delegates of NERGC and from leadership of previous conference committees.
- Conference Chairs tend to find people for committees they know and trust often in the region near the conference site. This has the effect of infusing new ideas and energy not only into the current conference but tends to re-energize NERGC itself.
- The goal of NERGC is not to make money for participating societies but to promote skills and a level of expertise of genealogists through sponsorship of quality educational conferences and other periodic educational activities as the Board may determine.
- Conference speakers have been both nationally known lecturers that tend to draw attendees and new, often dynamic, speakers from the participating societies. Conference programmers emphasize quality, experience, integration, coordination and balancing of speaker topics with the theme for the conference.
- Participating societies for a given NERGC conference (usually 18-22 member societies) accept contractual obligations and financial risks, guaranteeing a measure of publicity, financial support, leadership, volunteers and attendance at each conference.
- Success breeds success. NERGC’s reputation for running quality conferences is reflected in the quantity of paid conference registrations and the increasing number of attendees who now come from across the country to spend a delightful time somewhere in New England.
For more information, see About NERGC.
Our continued increase in conference attendance can assist YOU as a sponsor or advertiser. When you sponsor or advertise with NERGC, you’ll raise your visibility with the genealogists you need to reach.